Robotic process automation is a solution more and more frequently adopted by various companies around the globe that want to refine their strategies and automate activities in order to be more efficient and productive. How does robotic process automation work? Keep reading to discover answers to these and other questions!
Robotic process automation – what is it?
In simple words, robotic process automation (RPA) is a cutting-edge solution that makes it possible to automate tedious, repetitive processes within a company. All this can be done thanks to advanced devices and technologies that are able to shadow activities performed by human experts.
RPA does great when it comes to handling rule-based tasks like filling in forms, copying and pasting information, or re-entering data. Thanks to it, organizations can focus on more complex activities as mundane admin work can be managed by machines that comply with the rules you showed them.
Robotic process automation is an effective tool for streamlining processes within organizations, generating savings, determining areas for improvement, and increasing the accuracy and correctness of the information. Implementation of RPA in your company means that you’ll be able to eliminate errors caused by employees’ inattentiveness.
How does robotic process automation work?
So, how does robotic process automation work?
Once you integrate RPA tools with your IT systems, they’ll evaluate information found there.
In order to benefit from the functionalities, you can:
- use backend to connect RPA to your databases and web services – in this case, RPA tools that access systems are controlled by a special process automation server. This solution is particularly popular when talking about unattended automation, where robots perform back-office tasks, without any human input, or with minimal intervention.
- use frontend or desktop connections – in this case, you may benefit from apps like Salesforce CRM, SAP, or PeopleSoft. Frontend RPA means that can write data and analyze events through the user interface, which resembles the work of human specialists. Machines identify each and every element by scrutinizing its properties, and structures.
Knowing how robotic process automation works is the first step to making informed decisions that can have a positive impact on the company. However, the implementation process may be demanding, as it requires relevant knowledge and skills.
Are coding skills crucial to deploy RPA?
Since the term robotic process automation sounds complex, many entrepreneurs may wonder whether it’s actually possible to implement changes on one’s own.
According to the chief strategy officer at Kofax, Chris Huff: “Most RPA software companies have created rather intuitive and aesthetically pleasing user interfaces that leverage ‘drag-and-drop’ software to build automation”, therefore, it can be stated that the creation of robotic process automation solutions doesn’t require elaborate coding.
Solutions available on the market are extremely intuitive and frequently offer drag-and-drop interfaces that make it possible to easily design RPA robots. It’s also worth mentioning that there are also ready programs developed to serve specific purposes. These can be customized to meet the expectations of a given enterprise.
Why should you invest in robotic process automation?
Once you realize how robotic process automation works, you probably wonder whether it’s worth investing in such an advanced solution. Take a look at the list of advantages of RPA that will allow you to make an informed decision:
- RPA software makes it possible to save both the time and money you would normally spend to perform repetitive tasks within your company.
- Thanks to robotic process automation, your enterprise can stay on the cutting edge and compete with the greatest tycoons in the market.
- RPA is a great tool for increasing employees’ satisfaction. Probably no one likes boring activities. Thanks to automation, specialists can avoid such tasks, and focus on more important processes.
- Quality software supports the digital transformation process.
Robotic process automation – how does it work? The takeaway
Robotic process automation helps to streamline activities within organizations. This modern solution makes use of software and robots (integrated with your system via frontend or backend) in order to take over certain repetitive activities normally performed by humans. It’s worth mentioning that these robots are not only capable of shadowing specialists, but do so impeccably, thus minimizing documentation errors.
Would you like to join the race to be more digital? If so, check out our blog!